Does your neck and back ache? Does your feet and ankles swell up? Here are some tips on what you can do to manage your body on the plane.
Try out these tips to make your flight more bearable. Safe travels!
1. Don’t sit the whole plane trip!
- Get up and move around.
- Walk up and down the isle to get the body moving and blood flowing.
- Stretch your body
2. Stretch your neck and back
- You can do stretches while sitting on the plane!
- Neck stretches – Gently tip your ear to shoulder and hold the stretch for 30 seconds before doing the other side.
- Back stretch – sitting up right and twist your body to one side and hold it for 30 seconds before going over to the other side.
3. Wear compression socks
- An essential for long haul flights!
- This will help decrease swelling
4. Do feet exercises
- Draw circles with your feet
- Point your toes up and down
- Piano key your toes (Individually lower each toe one at a time)
5. Bring your spikey ball
- A life saving tool to have on board your flight.
- Spikey ball your feet
- Lie on in against the chair
6. Pit stop change over stretches
- When waiting for change over flights stretch your whole body out!
- Stretch through your hip flexors, glutes, hamstrings.
- Stretch through your upper body by doing wall mermaids, pec stretches.